Self Improvement - 5 Easy Steps
Many people, when contemplating the subject of personal development and self improvement, wonder where to begin. It all seems overwhelming. There are so many subjects, so many experts, and so many programs. And more importantly, which ones should you focus on first that will make the greatest difference?
There are many programs that are all-inclusive. They offer guidance to improve your life as a whole. They are all laid out differently and they all work – IF YOU DO! But, if you want to really know where to begin and focus, we’ve included a list (in order) of what to do to become the best you.
1. GOALS!! See our section on goal setting. And don’t get caught up in the tediousness of it. Have FUN with it, be excited. Only complete Step 1, for now. Many experts suggest you start with “purpose”. This is extremely important, but can be overwhelming if you start on this first. Believe me, you will discover your purpose and have a clear vision of who you are and where you are going by following these simple steps.
2. YOUR BODY. There are many reasons why you need to address this and why it’s so far up on our list.
- First, when you go crazy setting your goals you’re going to be pumped. You’re going to have a renewed attitude and verve to tackle each and every goal and transform your life. But, as you start you’ll too soon run out of steam. You’ll not have the energy and you’ll burn out that flame. Your body must be able to support the demands of your mind. It’s no wonder we included a health and fitness link on this self improvement website!
- The second reason why it’s so important is that it is relatively easy. Think about it, is it easier to reach that goal of $1,000,000 or lose 20 pounds? It’s a (relatively) easy goal and it makes you feel soooooo good.
- When you see your health goals being reached so easily - it cultivates confidence. HUGE CONFIDENCE!! You now know your goals are reachable and you now have energy to go to the next one. So do it.
- And finally, the last reason why this is so important is actually the antithesis of the preceding reason. If you look in the mirror everyday (naked especially) and you don’t like who you see, it sets the tone for the rest of the day. It’s hard to vigorously tackle your exciting goals and new life when you are unhappy with the person in the mirror. The best news of all – you CAN change, you will see changes relatively quickly, and we’ve gathered the best information to do so right here!
- Now you can move to Steps 2 & 3 of goal setting. Organize your goals, categorize your goals and incorporate the steps to achieving them into your daily activities.
- Time Management – organize your day from the moment you get up until the minute you lie down. Stick to it. See our Goal Setting section for pointers, programs, and forms to help you with this.
- Organize Your Home and Office – we waste so much time starting and stopping projects. We lose focus when we have to look for something we misplaced or haphazardly left somewhere. Be organized and your life will ebb and flow with the demands, pressures, and excitement. You’ll save so much time and sleep better at night.
5. STAY POSITIVE and become a constant student of personal development and self improvement. As Zig Ziglar, master motivator, once said (okay, he’s said it many times), “Motivation is not permanent, but neither is taking a bath and I recommend that you do both daily.” So do I. Visit us daily for your boost and use the powerful tools we’ve recommended throughout the site for your continued self improvement
More Motivational Articles5 Easy Steps to Total Self Improvement
If you want to really know where to begin and focus, weve included a list (in order) of what to do to become the best you.
It can be learned, it can be built, and it can be mastered. And it is important and crucial to your success.
Fear can be absolutely immobilizing. Courage is the grease to get you moving when frozen with fear.
Walt Disney - Visionary
Bankrupt and fired for having "no creativity", Disney became a household name for kids and adults alike.
THOMAS EDISON The Wizard of Menlo Park
More than a few blunders + 1000 failed attempts inventing the lightbulb = The most prominent inventor of our time.
Albert Einstein in a Nutshell
Einstein was not always known for his genius. His brilliance did not clearly surface until he failed many times.
Giving and Gratitude
When one feels gratitude on a regular basis they attract more of what they are feeling thankful for into their lives.
Ray Kroc Over 50 Billion Hamburgers Sold!
From a humble salesman to pioneer of franchising and founder of the most successful fast-food franchise ever.
Want to know the secret of successful goal setting? BEGIN! The rest is easy.
NEVER QUIT - EVER!
A run down (just a paragraph each) on some of the most famous individual's starts and finishes. Learn from some of the most successful and accomplished leaders of today who faced incredible challenges, unbelievable odds, and failure after failure.
NLP - The Science of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
NLP may be the quickest and easiest way to a better you. Why? Because you dont have to think about it.
Look for the trees and youll hit a tree every time. The Law of Attraction at its simplest. You get what you focus on invariably. Need help overcoming obstacles? Then see past those obstacles.
This site is filled with amazing stories about people you know that failed and were rejected over and over again. By their sheer persistence they beat all odds and conquered seemingly insurmountable obstacles to go on to achieve what others thought was impossible.
Want photographic memory? The simplest and easiest way to have photographic memory. You can and will have photographic memory if you follow these simple instructions.
Positive thinking will positively help you do everything better! The power of positive thinking is at your fingertips . .
Positive Mental Attitude
Thoughts on maintaining a positive mental attitude.
Colonel Sanders - 11 Herbs and Spices
Cooking since he was 6, Col. Sanders did not open his 1st KFC until he was 65 years old, but had 600 franchises by age 75.
Building Self Esteem
Unlike your physical appearance, that you cant do anything about (unless youre rich or your uncles a plastic surgeon), you can change your self esteem.
Dr. Suess - Oh the Places You'll Go
Dr. Suess was rejected over 28 times for his first book . . .
Think and Grow Rich
Three Feet from Gold extracted from the inspirational Think and Grow Rich book by Napoleon Hill. Think and Grow Rich today.