Photographic Memory in 1 Year
Wouldn’t you love to have photographic memory??
You’ve probably read or seen stories about people with this wonderful gift. If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably also thought – that would be incredibly handy. What I wouldn’t give to have that ability.
It’s true that there are a few exceptional individuals that are born with this extraordinary power. Are you one of them? Could be!
It just may not have come as naturally to you. In other words - you may not have been born with it. What you were born with, however, is an amazing brain that can acquire this magnificent ability in virtually no time at all.
The secret –
Many years ago, I heard a theological leader speak and he proclaimed that if you memorized a verse EVERYDAY in The Bible that you would have photographic memory in 1 year.
At first I thought this was just a trick to get the audience to read the bible. I interpreted his words as though if you memorized a verse every day for a year that God himself would come down and endow you with photographic memory.
However, being that he was highly respected, I gave it some thought. I acknowledged that memorizing a verse a day indeed wouldn’t harm me. It would virtually take no time. And, IF what he said was true, there was a tremendous upside.
So I tried it. My experience:
- Day 1 – I read and reread a verse. I tried to recall it in my mind an hour later. It didn’t stick. I opened the bible again – I read and reread it again. Throughout the day, I constantly repeated the verse in my head. Before I went to bed at night, I repeated it again. It was embedded (I hoped).
- Day 2 – Before going on to verse 2, I made sure that verse 1 was still there. It was (thankfully). The 2nd verse went much like the first. It just wouldn’t sink in. But after reading and rereading it several times throughout the day, by day’s end it was there. I had it.
- Week 2 – I know. I’m skipping ahead. But, you didn’t come here to read my journal, after all. You want to know if you can have photographic memory. And I’m here to tell you - by this time I could now read and reread a verse a few times, repeat it often throughout the day and at night I could rehearse every verse I had previously memorized in my head fairly easily.
- Month 2 – At this point I could read a verse a couple times, repeat it a couple times with my eyes closed and I had it. Incidentally, I was memorizing these verses in order. So, some days they were longer, others they were shorter depending on which passage came up. (I just didn’t want you to think I was memorizing only short verses, like “Jesus Wept”.) And I did ensure that each day I could recall all verses from the days before.
- Month 3 – I could read a verse once, sometimes twice, and I had it. I could even read lengthy or multiple verses a single time and quote them back verbatim.
You see where this is going? It isn’t a magical or divine gift suddenly bestowed on you for obediently memorizing a verse a day. It is a consistent and persistent action that leads to mastering a particular skill – any skill! And, fairly easily and painlessly at that.
Memorize something every day and your brain becomes good at memorizing. Period! Do it every day for 365 days, and you will have what others call photographic memory.
“Repetition is the Mother of Skill” – Tony Robbins
More Motivational Articles5 Easy Steps to Total Self Improvement
If you want to really know where to begin and focus, we’ve included a list (in order) of what to do to become the best you.
It can be learned, it can be built, and it can be mastered. And it is important and crucial to your success.
Fear can be absolutely immobilizing. Courage is the grease to get you moving when frozen with fear.
Walt Disney - Visionary
Bankrupt and fired for having "no creativity", Disney became a household name for kids and adults alike.
THOMAS EDISON – The Wizard of Menlo Park
More than a few blunders + 1000 failed attempts inventing the lightbulb = The most prominent inventor of our time.
Albert Einstein in a Nutshell
Einstein was not always known for his genius. His brilliance did not clearly surface until he failed many times.
Giving and Gratitude
When one feels gratitude on a regular basis they attract more of what they are feeling thankful for into their lives.
Ray Kroc– Over 50 Billion Hamburgers Sold!
From a humble salesman to pioneer of franchising and founder of the most successful fast-food franchise ever.
Want to know the secret of successful goal setting? BEGIN! The rest is easy.
NEVER QUIT - EVER!
A run down (just a paragraph each) on some of the most famous individual's starts and finishes. Learn from some of the most successful and accomplished leaders of today who faced incredible challenges, unbelievable odds, and failure after failure.
NLP - The Science of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
NLP may be the quickest and easiest way to a better you. Why? Because you don’t have to think about it.
Look for the trees and you’ll hit a tree – every time. The Law of Attraction at its simplest. You get what you focus on – invariably. Need help overcoming obstacles? Then see past those obstacles.
This site is filled with amazing stories about people you know that failed and were rejected over and over again. By their sheer persistence they beat all odds and conquered seemingly insurmountable obstacles to go on to achieve what others thought was impossible.
Want photographic memory? The simplest and easiest way to have photographic memory. You can and will have photographic memory if you follow these simple instructions.
Positive thinking will positively help you do everything better! The power of positive thinking is at your fingertips . .
Positive Mental Attitude
Thoughts on maintaining a positive mental attitude.
Colonel Sanders - 11 Herbs and Spices
Cooking since he was 6, Col. Sanders did not open his 1st KFC until he was 65 years old, but had 600 franchises by age 75.
Building Self Esteem
Unlike your physical appearance, that you can’t do anything about (unless you’re rich or your uncle’s a plastic surgeon), you can change your self esteem.
Dr. Suess - Oh the Places You'll Go
Dr. Suess was rejected over 28 times for his first book . . .
Think and Grow Rich
Three Feet from Gold extracted from the inspirational "Think and Grow Rich" book by Napoleon Hill. Think and Grow Rich today.